Tennessee Council for History Education invites you to…
- Submit a conference proposal for the October 1, 2014 annual conference
- Register and attend the October 1, 2014 annual conference
- Become a vendor and/or sponsor for the October 1, 2014 conference
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact
Gilder Lehrman Teacher of the year
The Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History is seeking nominations for the
National History Teacher of the Year. The national winner will receive a $10,000
prize and attend a ceremony in their honor in New York City. For 2016, we are
seeking outstanding K–12 teachers who fi nd creative ways to bring history alive
in the classroom and in their community.
The deadline for 2016 nominations is February 15, 2016. Learn more and nominate
a teacher today at gilderlehrman.org/nhtoy.
- Colonial Williamsburg
- Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History
- Historic Maps in K-12 Classrooms
- National Archives & Records Administration
- National Council for History Education
- National History Day
- National History Club
- National Library of Congress
- National Register of Historic Places: Teaching with Historic Places
- Public Broadcasting System
- Smithsonian: Museum of American History
- Tennessee State Library and Archives
Please consider participating in the 10th annual TNCHE annual conference.
Thursday, October 1, 2015
Commemorating History: The Literacy of Memory
Breakout sessions will address Assessment & Disciplinary Literacy
TNCHE will have a keynote panel including Dr. Michael Birdwell (TN Tech) and Tim Poole (TN State Parks) discussing how different entities (government, communities, parks, schools, etc.) remember, interpret, and commemorate history.
Scarritt Bennett Center
1008 19th Ave. South; Nashville, TN 37212
1-866-420-5486 (toll free)
Send registration form and a $75 check payable to TNCHE and mail to:
P.O. Box 40234
Nashville, TN 37204
Registration fee includes conference registration; break out sessions, lunch; keynote session, and includes TNCHE & NCHE memberships.